Mon, Aug 08|
ZOOM Workshop Event
SPECIAL WORKSHOP EVENT: The Accountability Formula - Empathy and Assertiveness for Peak Performance
A 2-hour special event workshop with Teresa Quinlan
Time & Location
Aug 08, 2022, 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. EDT
ZOOM Workshop Event
About the event
Leaders need to be able to care for people and ensure profit. Yet profit often trumps people and in the tension and pressure that exists to achieve profit, people get the brunt of our behaviours.
When we drill into this formula what we find within the psychology of performance, is this:
Performance is a PERSONAL achievement only possible from a state of wellness.
When an individual is CARED for, their state of wellness improves, and performance follows.
The better every single person performs the higher the profit. So accountability to individual states of wellness is a leaders primary objective.
Enter emotional intelligence.
The accountability formula is a leaders ability to use the skills of empathy and assertiveness in balance with each other. At the right time. In the right order.
For what purpose?
To ensure every individual in their care is actively and intentionally creating states of wellness for their peak performance.
The balance of this formula is easy to swing ‘off’ from center and the results are noticeable:
- Ruinous empathy occurs when the leaders allows excuses and reasons to continually detract from accountability and performance and then the leader bears the brunt of the workload leading to their own burnout
- Aggressive assertiveness occurs when the leader allows frustration, anger, and fear to drive their conversations and defaults to commanding and controlling leadership styles
- Passive aggressive assertiveness occurs when the leader is avoidant in speaking straight to what is occurring and instead skirts issues with sarcasm or back speak
- Manipulation occurs when the leader digs in the knife and pushes the buttons of fear to get the employee to do what is needed
- Coercion occurs when the leader uses their power and authority to drive action
- States of Un-wellness – negative emotions running rampant
- Toxic cultural behaviours including gossip, excuses, belittling, blaming, lack of communication (ghosting)
- Lack of impulse control – interrupting others, blurting things out without thinking, knee-jerk reactions or decisions
- Feeling badly about your behaviours after an interaction AND/OR Finding yourself telling anyone who will listen about the interaction and justifying your actions/behaviours/choices
In this SPECIAL EVENT 2-hour WORKSHOP we will take a deep dive into the skills of empathy and assertiveness to fill your leadership toolkit with powerful personal and social strategies for bringing the best out of those you lead, increasing accountability to performance, and building a high functioning, high performing team that rises above expectations WHILE ALSO achieving higher states of wellbeing.
You will be a leader that grows competence and confidence to have the 'difficult' conversations around behaviour and performance.
You will be a leader that strengthens relationships with direct reports, peers, clients, and leadership so that you can speak straight to what is the most important thing to talk about, the root cause, rather than skirting issues or avoiding them altogether.
You will be a leader who knows how to foster trust and psychological safety by demontrating both caring and expectations in balance with each other so that others feel your dedication to them from a personal and professional level.
You will be a leader that weeds our poor performance in the right way without damaging relationships or creating negativity within your team.
This is a LIVE workshop event via ZOOM. It is not recorded.
Workshop Event - Confirmed
+$2.80 service fee
2-Hour Special Workshop - The Accountability Formula
+$2.80 service fee